District Board Goals 2019-2022 (Revised October 2019)
Students graduating from St. Ansgar Community Schools will be college and/or career-ready.
- Highlight and promote our small class sizes.
- Hold Pre-K round up in March/April with final elementary class offerings determined in April.
- Examine course offerings and consider flexible scheduling.
Maintain and improve the physical aspects of the buildings and grounds.
- Highlight and promote our new facilities.
- Improvement of St. Ansgar’s Facilities Complex utilizing WCDA funds, local grant monies, donations and other available funds.
- Softball field upgrades
- Develop a long-range facilities plan
Promote and facilitate citizenship and responsible behavior of our student body.
Continue to be fiscally responsible while providing the best possible education for all students within the resources available.
- Our goal for our percentage of unspent balance is a floor of 15%
- Promote staff grant writing and applying for local grants and other funding.
Explore and increase sharing opportunities with surrounding school districts.
Continue to strengthen and enhance interaction between community, business and students.
SHORT TERM BOARD GOALS 2019-2020
- Create a District brochure. When completed, distribute to area real estate offices, use to help in marketing in surrounding districts, etc.
- Improve public relations through various entities to help share information regarding key issues including budget, funding renewals, etc.
- Focus on Energy savings, including but not limited to:
- The use of LED lights.
- Reduce usage by turning off lights, turning off copiers when not in use.
- Reduce usage of non-required appliances.
- Replace light switches with motion sensors.
- Pursue before/after daycare for school age students.
- Continue to enhance school district website and expand the district’s digital footprint.